Stats counter

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Why does removing the mail in ballot matter?

If voting patterns revert to what they were prior to the current mail-in-vote, our voter turnout will reduce from approximately 60% to 16%. Eliminating the mail-in ballot will have virtually taken the vote away from 44% of the people who vote.... mostly seasonal residents. Ask yourself who made this decision and why they make it. I can answer the first question for you. The following voted to eliminate the mail in ballot.
- J. Jeffrey Johnston
-Charlie Zummach
-Bob Tilley
-Ms. Shirley Reeds
-Mary Lesperance

Who voted to retain your ability to vote via the mail?
-Paul Tomlinson
-Louise Wadsworth

Ask each candidate what their position is on this key issue.
If elected I will do everything in my power to reverse this terrible decision and to do what I can to increase voter participation.
I urge you to get involved and vote. If you need help getting to the poles or how to use a proxy please call me at 636 9850.

“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest." ELIE WIESEL

No comments:

Post a Comment